Listen To Our Facebook Live Q/A Call — Our Open House About The Wise Women’s Council 2020
Last week, we hosted an Open House + Facebook Live in our Facebook Group, and I’m sharing the replay here on the podcast. If you haven’t requested access yet, we have an amazing group of women gathered together and we chat about work, family, parenting, and all the things — go to the Startup Pregnant: Conversations group on Facebook to request access to join us.
I was joined by Michelle Florendo, one of our coaches for this year’s group of women. We chat about The Wise Women’s Council, the impact it has, the reason she joined for two years in a row (and why she’s back for a third). Together, we answered common questions people have about the program and the process.
Take a listen—and make sure to get your application in by February 20th if you’re considering joining us. We’re wrapping up enrollments for the year, and once we start in March, we won’t be back until next year—2021!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT;
- Why this program is a “choose your own adventure” program, and designed to fit into your own life, not add an undue amount of stress on top of what you’re already doing.
- Why we designed the program asynchronously, and what that means.
- How to build community even when you’re not attending all of the “live” portions.
- How we use Slack differently than a workplace (so it doesn’t have to stress you out by being one more thing).
- Who the program is right for, and who it’s not right for, and when you should apply.
The Startup Pregnant Podcast Episode #141
SOME QUOTES FROM THE EPISODE:
- Sometimes all I want is just ONE place to talk about all the things—business, babies, pregnancy, being a woman, career—and not have to constantly code-switch between groups. The Wise Women’s Council is that place for me. — Michelle Florendo
- One of the things I love about The Wise Women’s Council is that you can show up exactly as you are, and it’s okay if you miss a call because your life is nutty. I joined when I was pregnant with baby number two and missed a few months, and listening back to the recordings was so good. — Michelle Florendo
- There are a lot of different options in The Wise Women’s Council, and I got to choose how and when to engage, and I still got so much out of it. — Michelle Florendo
- It’s like a conference, but broken up over nine months, and you can do it from home, in your underwear, while pumping. That’s how I describe The Wise Women’s Council. — Sarah Peck
- I loved the slow cadence of the conversations. Even if you were gone a month or two, you could come back and revisit a deep topic, and continue to explore it. Having a separate channel for each theme, even though it was only a month, meant we could keep coming back to these conversations and exploring them. — Michelle Florendo
EPISODE SPONSOR — NANIT, THE ONLY BABY MONITOR YOU NEED
Baby sleep can be so hard. The Nanit Plus Smart Baby Monitor tracks your baby’s breathing, and has special sleepwear so that you can see that they are safe and know that they are breathing throughout their sleep. If you’ve ever been stressed out overnight or worried about your baby sleeping, this can put your mind at ease, this is a baby monitor that can help you adjust to your new sleep life once you bring that kiddo home. They also provide sleep coaching, training, and a baby monitor all in one. Visit Nanit.com today to learn more about this amazing baby monitor, why people are raving about it, and how it can help you and your little one have a better night’s rest. Startup Pregnant listeners can use code STARTUP at Nanit.com to save 10%.
THE WISE WOMEN’S COUNCIL 2020 IS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Want to be part of the magic that is gathering together with smart, talented, wise business women? The 2020 Wise Women’s Council is now open for enrollment. Apply by February 20th to be considered for our year-long program. We kick off in March. Yes, we want you—all of you in your messy, imperfect, parenting-business-what-am-I-doing-madness. Apply here.
FIRESIDE CHATS WITH SARAH—EXCLUSIVELY FOR PATREON BACKERS
If you’re a fan of this podcast, you’ll love the private, ask-me-anything fireside chat with Sarah. For Patreon supporters only, get access to a new podcast episode every month AND the chance to ask Sarah any question you want about life, business, and parenting. She will honor everything honestly. Patreon supporters who become sponsors at $7 a month get exclusive access to these episodes that aren’t published anywhere else. Head to www.patreon.com/startuppregnant to become a back and get immediate access to the episodes.
THE STARTUP PREGNANT PODCAST & HOST
- Sign up for the Weekly Startup Pregnant Newsletter with insights, strategies, and new ideas for working parents.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you think!
- Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Want to sponsor the podcast? We’ve got great sponsors and only one shout-out per episode. We don’t shove tons of ads into our podcast. We only work with awesome.
- Still here? Definitely leave us a review on iTunes. It’s really helpful for the show!