Some perspective and encouragement
When we do things we’ve never done before, it can be crazy hard. Parenting made me feel overwhelmed, scared, and exhausted—all at the same time.
Today I want to offer a short note of perspective, alongside some encouragement. I know you’re probably in the thick of it, and what you’re doing isn’t easy. Keep going.
For me, whenever I get overwhelmed and bogged down by the magnitude of what I’m trying to do, I try to look back and remember how much I’ve grown already, and how much I’m actually expanding my capacity over time.
Take a listen if you’re in the same boat.
The Startup Pregnant Podcast Episode #143
SOME QUOTES FROM THE EPISODE
- It took me three and a half months to get my first four episodes ready for the podcast. So long! Now I’m doing an episode or two each week. What’s astonishing is how our abilities change after the steep learning curve in the beginning. We really can learn a lot, but the beginning is SO HARD.
- Your capacity to do what you’re doing will expand with your experience and your growth. You are going to be able to do more than you even thought possible. What’s hard today will become easier and easier over time.
- If you are in the middle of a challenging learning curve where you’re wondering why you’re doing this and if it’ll ever get better, see if you can step back for a moment and zoom out a little and ask yourself if two years from now you’ll be glad you did it. Will it still be as hard? Will you be grateful you did it?
- Treat yourself with compassion and be kind to yourself along the journey.
- When you do the hard work that helps you grow, it can be so, so worth it.
EPISODE SPONSOR — SPLENDID SPOON
This episode is sponsored by Splendid Spoon, a meal delivery service that creates whole, healthy, plant-based soups and smoothies that can be a great fit for busy parents and new moms. Get $50 off your first order with the link splendid.to/startuppregnant
ASK SARAH: THE NEW PODCAST
If you’re a fan of this podcast, you’ll love the private, ask-me-anything fireside chat with Sarah. For Patreon supporters only, get access to a new podcast episode every month AND the chance to ask Sarah any question you want about life, business, and parenting. She will honor everything honestly. Patreon supporters who become sponsors at $7 a month get exclusive access to these episodes that aren’t published anywhere else. Head to www.patreon.com/startuppregnant to become a back and get immediate access to the episodes.
THE STARTUP PREGNANT PODCAST & HOST
- Sign up for the Weekly Startup Pregnant Newsletter with insights, strategies, and new ideas for working parents.
- Email us at email@example.com and tell us what you think!
- Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Want to sponsor the podcast? We’ve got great sponsors and only one shout-out per episode. We don’t shove tons of ads into our podcast. We only work with awesome.
- Still here? Definitely leave us a review on iTunes. It’s really helpful for the show!